Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Baby Baby Baby....

So.....Pete and I have now been married for almost 2 months. The wedding could not have gone better (although the lead up to it left much to be desired) I can't think of one single thing that went wrong. Seems like everything bad that happened, happened before we left for NY. The honeymoon was AHHHHHmazing!! We went to Jamaica and did not do one thing for an entire week. Plus, I planned it perfectly so that our last night there also happened to be my birthday. And who doesn't want to spend their birthday in a tropical paradise.

So now we are back in the reality of things. We spent the last month looking for a place to live. It's only been a year since we last moved, but it seems like things have gotten way more strict in the way of rentals. We have a dog....she's part German Shepard....you've seen pictures of her. Most places will now no longer accept even a cross breed of a German Shep. The there are the cats. We are bad, we know. We only tell places we have 1 cat, because otherwise they won't take us at all. Never had a problem. Now what we were running into was that they wouldn't even take our "1" cat because he isn't declawed. Now I don't know about you, but I think that is the cruelest thing you can do to an animal. I mean, isn't pulling out fingernails deemed a form of torture in China?? So, needless to say, we wouldn't even consider those places. We we did finally find a really nice townhouse which is situated in between both of our jobs. We get to move in just a few short weeks and I can.not.wait!!!!! I do not even want to get into the problems we were having at our current apartment the week before the wedding.

So now that we have all of that figured out, we are on to our next big project. Starting our family. I'm hoping that it won't take us too long to accomplish this, but I know better. I do know that, on average, it takes a healthy normal couple at a mimimum of 6 months to get pregnant. So I am ready for that. But I'm also impatient, so we'll see how long my calmness lasts. We have just started our 2nd cycle. I can't wait to see where this blog goes as I start to chronicle this next journey in our lives.......Stay Tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment