Thursday, September 25, 2008

And the Kitty Drama Continues...

So, after all we went through with Zorro last week, we had another scare with him this week. On Tuesday Pete had noticed that he puked on the living room carpet. We thought nothing of it until Tuesday night/Wednesday morning, he starting puking all over our bedroom. I think it was about 4 times. Then I came home for lunch yesterday and he puked again. So I decided that 6 pukes in less than 24 hours warrants a call to the vet. I bring him in and everything seems normal (except for the whole puking thing) We deduced that he hasn't been eating his prescription food. Since he got home from the vet last week, I haven't seen him eat 1 kibble of it. I would see him go up there, sniff at it, then jump back down. Since his vomit was all bile, we think this is a pretty accurate assumption. She the vet does bloodwork on him and tests his urine just to be on the safe side. Of course they all came back normal, so he gave him some shots and sent us on our way with some pills and instructions to feed him his old food and give him pepcid once a day. Pete and I collectively decided that we were going to trick him into eating his special food, by mixing it in with the old stuff and just gradually put less and less in there. No sooner than I put the old food in the bowl his face was in there chowing down. I didn't even get a chance to mix it up. So the little asshole just decided he didn't like the other stuff, so he just wasn't going to eat!! Oh and cost me another $379 for another vet trip. Jerk wad!!

I had an interview last night for a part-time job. What with all the pet expenses and having a wedding to plan, we need the extra income. I interviewed with the same company I worked for before in MOntrose, so getting in is not a problem. The supervisor who interviewed me wants to hire me, I just need to talk with the Assistant Manager. Pretty sure I have this one in the bag though. Hopefully I can start soon, so I can get some of my outstanding bills paid off.


PhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment