Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Back to Black

So I have dyed my hair back to black again. I keep flip-flopping on my hair color, but I always seem to come back to this one. I feel like it suits me. Both physically and my personality. Over the years I have had my hair several different colors from blonde (yes, I tried blonde...I looked like a deranged Barbie Doll), to red, to brown, to black. I've always gotten the most compliments with black. I guess that it helps that my features are naturally dark. My natural hair color is almost black, my eyelashes are black and so are my eyebrows. I guess having my hair black makes me feel like I match in some way. Weird? Maybe, but I like matching. So, now the goal is to get my newly black hair to grow so that I can put it in an awesome 40's style for the wedding. Right now, since I had it cut into a pixie back in June, I've got the beginnings of a mullet. Oh it is SOOOO beautiful lemme tell you!!! I am fighting the urge to hack off the back and let the layers grow down into it, but I think in the end it will be better if I just leave the back alone (with the exception of a trim here and there) and it will evolve into a nice long layered look. Luckily my hair grows pretty quickly. I cut it at the end of July, right before my brothers wedding, and the sides were above my ears. Right now, they are sitting pretty at about an inch and a half past the top of my ears. I think that I will be able to achieve shoulder length 2 July's from now. I hope. I just need to fight my hair ADD and just let it grow!!

I'm patiently (ha!) biding my time for when I can e-mail the lady back about our wedding venue. My dad and grandma went out there to check it out a few weeks ago. He said that it looks really nice from the outside, but he didn't go in because there was a wedding going on and he didn't want to crash it. He also to my grandma to dinner at one of the restaurants that caters there and spoke to the owner. He had nothing but high praises for the woman who runs the place, so that definitely eases any concerns I had about the place. He also stated that they cater around 20 weddings there a year. And probably for the first time in YEARS, my grandmother got a meal and DID NOT complain about it!!! This bodes well for my dad's choice in caterer!! I think that actually clinched the deal for both of us.

We are planning on going out to NY for my (30th!!! eeek) birthday in May, so we can do some checking out ourselves. I've picked a bakery to do our wedding cake, so we are going to price them and do some tastings. They have a cake on their website which is exactly what I am looking for. Plus they make cannoli cakes there (which are my fave) so I want to see if they can make the wedding cake a cannoli cake.

I haven't heard back on the 2nd interview for the job I applied for. I'm not really sure what to think about that. I'm kind of having mixed feelings about working 2 jobs right now. I know that we definitely need the money, but I think that maybe I should just put all my efforts into finding a better paying full-time job and go from there. I really want to go back to school to get a better job, but I just don't think that is something I will be able to afford. I would love to get into something in the medical field. I guess that I just have to look into it more and see if that is an option that I can explore. I know that I can't do what I have been doing for the rest of my life. I think I would kill myself!! Just kidding......maybe......yeah.....maybe. :-P



PhotobucketPhotobucket

1 comment:

  1. Hey babe - I love your hair black! It does suit you - I am sure your mullet is HOT!

    ReplyDelete