Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy Inauguration Day!

It's a great day today! The weather is beautiful (in the 60's) and we a have a new President. I didn't get to see the inauguration, but it is such a great feeling to know that change is on it's way. I just hope that people don't expect things to happen right away. Just have faith that it WILL happen.

In other news, a lot has been happening on my end. You may have noticed that I did another blog redesign. I need to make a new title screen still, but that will come in due time.

I got my engagement ring last week. Kind of a funny story. I was sitting at work reading the Denver Post and I see an article that my jewler had filed for brankruptcy protection. I literally screamed "NOOOOOO" and called up Pete. We both decided that it would be better to get the ring out of the store than to keep paying for it in installments....just in case. So now I have my beautiful ring on my finger!

I also went and found my wedding dress. It's funny, because it is actually everything I said I didn't want, but when I had it on....it was perfect. I did try on the two dresses I linked back to before, but neither of them looked all that great on me. I didn't even have this particular dress in the dressing room, but my consultant, Dea, (who is fricken awesome by the way) said she had the perfect dress.....and she was right. It's a Casablanca design and it's **gasp** strapless!!! I think though that it is the first strapless dress I have ever tried on that didn't make my shoulders look super broad. I wanted to send a link to a picture of the dress, but the website doesn't appear to be working right now.....hopefully that is not a bad sign :-( I'm actually going to be heading down to the bridal shop in a few weeks to put money down on it. They let you make monthly payments until it is half paid for and then they will order it for you.

Pete and I just celebrated our one year anniversary yesterday. He got me a gift certificate for a massage (1 1/2 hours!) that I am so excited to use!! I have never had a professional massage before, and being rather large chested means I have a knot field in my back! I got him tickets to go see the Reverand Horton Heat on the 30th. I have been to see him twice now since I moved to Colorado, bur poor Pete has lived here his whole life and has never been to a show. So he is super excited to get to go finally!

Well, I think I have just about gotten caught up here. I will definitely try to update more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment